A collection of the best books about Romania. Do you want to learn more about Romania, get to know the country, its history, legends and culture? If you’re like me, you’ll read everything you can find about Romania before visiting. Every shred of information will fuel your dreams and help you enjoy this beautiful country more. We give you books below, fiction, non-fiction, guide – books and factual on every aspect of Romania and all things Romanian, available in English, all over the world.
Why are we using a photo of a house as the featured image for a post on Books About Romania? This house is special. This is William Blacker’s house, the author of Along The Enchanted Way. We, like Blacker, lived in the village of Breb for several years and fell completely under its spell.
Best Books About Romania
- Along The Enchanted Way by William Blacker
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- In Europe’s Shadow by Robert D Kaplan
- The Little Book of Romanian Wisdom by Diana Doroftei and Matthew K Cross
- Never Mind The Balkans Here’s Romania by Mike Ormsby
- The Balkan Trilogy by Olivia Manning
- The Last Hundred Days bu Patrick McGuinness
- Painter of Silence by Georgina Harding
- Burying the Typewriter, Childhood Under the Secret Police by Carmen Bugan